Saturday, December 15, 2012

Footholds

The mountains are painted with your majesty. Will you paint my words with your majesty, too?

I know not what my full purpose is on this earth. Or rather, my full destiny, since my full purpose is nothing more and nothing less than to bring You glory and advance the Kingdom. But as for my destiny, I feel like You've revealed bits and pieces. Just not enough detail to glue them together, as is Your nature.

Regardless, I'm grateful for those pieces. Because small as they may be, they are the only footholds I've found that fit my large, clumsy feet on this mountain I'm trying desperately to climb with my hands wide open.

I'm thankful for the comfort and security they provide me when I feel lost or unsteadied. The excitement and energy they give me by making the top of this mountain seem more reachable.

Each time I encounter a new foothold I'm encouraged and inspired to continue my journey as was planned out for me.

And in the in-between..I worry where to continue, what direction to go, if I'm climbing well, if I'll ever reach the top, and what lowly me is even doing climbing such a majestic mountain in the first place.

But then, just as I'm stuck down in the middleness between them, You shine Your light on yet another foothold You created just for me. Another perfect fit. And I'm overcome once again with security, energy, and inspiration. I'm ready to keep climbing in the direction this new foothold leads.

I believe I may be between footholds. Having reentered that all too familiar territory of the in-between. But because of the past footholds, there are certain aspects of my journey I can hold onto with confidence. Each foothold You've blessed me with has redirected my path, sometimes ever so slightly, and other times in what seems like a 180. But always guiding me toward my destiny.

These footholds are the only truth I know aside from You. So I will hold onto them and keep climbing where you lead. Praying always for just one more foothold.

No comments:

Post a Comment