Saturday, January 19, 2013

Longing for daybreak

1/7/13

Already thirty minutes behind schedule, work assignments and emails beginning to occupy my mind once again. But I just can't seem to pull away from paper and pen. From the brilliant sunlight pouring through my bedroom window, announcing a new day. From the soft sounds of bluejays perched on the tree just outside. From the permeating smell of fresh brewed coffee. Exhilaratingly strong.

I know You're always here. Practicing Your presence throughout the day is critical. I'm working at it. Becoming more aware, in tune, and better at receiving You. But I can't pull away right now. Like most days, Your presence is just more powerful in the morning. For me at least. I want to soak it in just like the sunlight warming my toes. Breath in the deep, awaking smell of like this coffee. Hear its perfect music inviting the day like the bluejays.

Because here, here in Your presence, I am complete. I have all I ever wanted and all I'll ever need. It's not an either or. I will carry You with me throughout the day.

But I can't help but long for the morning sun these days. For it reveals Your glory. And the new day, Your goodness. Thank You for the perfect power of Your presence. Especially the way it permeates throughout at daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment